Saturday, January 7, 2012

The things you find!

This post will be, quite literally, about notes of faith - as in, my adventures in sorting and packing St. Andrew's music library this week. The above cantata book contained a bulletin from 1954 when this cantata was presented. More about that in another post. Then there are the various copies of music that have migrated from, well, I'll let the pictures tell you.


St. Vital United was a few blocks down the street.


These two churches are about 1,200 miles away! How did the music get to Winnipeg?


This piece migrated at least twice. If you look carefully under the Riverdale stamp, you can see "Property of First Avenue Baptist Church" - which could be just about anywhere!

Lastly, we have detailed instructions on using file folders. Judging by the typeface on the company logo, I'm guessing these came from the 1920's or so. The music in the file folder would confirm that!


Here's the logo in detail:


So now you know some of the things I found. They gave me a few laughs along the way, and that was a good thing this week.

2 comments:

Doug Manson said...

First Avenue Baptist Church was at the corner of First Ave & Bolton Ave. In the Riverdale neighbourhood .It is now a Chinese Alliance ministry.I grew up and came to Faith there!

AuntE said...

Thanks, Doug, for your comment. What wonderful connections and conversations about churches, people and faith have come about because of my necessary packing and questions about what I found.